If you TRAVEL frequently – or you have taken a local hotel up on their day-rental options, mid-covid to gain some quiet work space – KEEP READING
Hackers specifically target HOTEL Wi-Fi – and it is not hard to figure out why:
- Poor security
- Lots of people crowded together in one building
- Lots of personal information at their fingertips
The best way to avoid poor hotel security is obviously not to use hotel Wi-Fi. Bring your own wireless access BYOW – i.e. mobile hotspot.
For extra protection, use a VPN, and make sure all updates have been installed before leaving your home.
In the event you do have to use hotel Wi-Fi without these additional safety measures, stay alert…
- Is your mobile device running slowly or launching apps on its own?
- Are you experiencing automatic website redirects?
- Are you seeing pop-up advertisements appear more frequently?
- Is your battery life low?
- Is your cursor moving on its own?
- Are you receiving more unwanted emails, texts, or calls than usual?
These signs should are RED FLAGS – but many people miss this stuff…it does not end well for anyone but the attacker!
P.S. Have you seen my free guide on 8 critical IT security protection your small business should implement? Download it here and fine out 8 Critical steps SMBs should be doing.